Flights of Fantasy

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Comments

I just noticed that I got my first two comments today and I'd like to thank you both for taking the time.

Someone else who found my site through Blog Explosion took the time to rate my site and gave me a rating of 4 (not particularly very good). The problem with this is that I have no feedback on why that person felt that my site wasn't that good.

I would like to encourage all my readers to comment. Either on the general content of the blog or on specific reviews. If you have read a book that I have reviewed and you would like to post your own opinion please do. All I ask is that you keep your comments to a reasoned level and refrain from the use of profanity. Any comments like that will be removed.

Good - "I have read this book and found it to be mind-numbingly dull. The characterizations lacked depth and the plot was bland."

Bad - "This book is a huge pile of &%$@!"

I would also be very happy for people to recommend books to me that they have read and loved. I am always on the lookout for new things. Please bear in mind that I do have a collection of about 1500 paperbacks and 300 hardbacks, mostly fantasy and science fiction so I may well have already read the book you suggest, but please don't let that stop you. I have considered trying to create a list of all the books I possess and then provide a link to that list but as you can imagine with a library the size of mine that would be quite a mammoth task.

I have munched my way through a rather large pile of books over the holidays and I will endeavour to get reviews of them up on the site in the next couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

  • Although this is not for a recent 'review'

    I did see that Dragonlance Chronicles is on the list of your favorites. I will put on the record 'That this is not the best fantasy series', but it sure is fun! I will also put on the record 'That this is the series that got me started reading SF/Fantasy'. Its a good book to reread every few years or so. Nice blog by the way. Alot of reviews on books I haven't read.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home